Since it gets dark so early these days, I thought it would be fun to add a little bit of sparkle to my wardrobe! This glitter necklace is just about as easy as it gets, and the possibilities are endless. This is a basic tutorial that you can easily add your own flair to. With extra beads, knotting, a substitution of ribbon instead of cotton cord — the list goes on. Here’s how to pull it off:
Approx 18″ to 24″ cotton cord
3 wooden beads (unfinished)
1. Paint the wooden beads gold. Place each on a skewer, paintbrush, or other thin object and rest on the lip of a container to dry.
2. Brush an even layer of Mod Podge on each bead and immediately roll in glitter. Again, place each on a skewer and rest on a container to dry.
3. Brush another layer of Mod Podge over the glittered layer. Dry, then repeat.
4. String the beads onto the cord, along with any other embellishments you might have on hand.
5. To make the necklace adjustable, take the right side and knot it around the left side as shown in the photo. Repeat in opposite to the left side. You could also add a clasp or simply knot the necklace if you choose to.
5. Wrap it up and give it to someone dazzling!