It’s been awhile since I’ve posted a DIY project here, but they’re making a comeback as of today! This is a five minute project that will probably get a laugh from your love. If it doesn’t, your partner may have lost their sense of humor and you’ll have to help them find it.
- Jewelry sized box
- Birthday candle
- Washi tape
1. Trim the card stock so that it just fits over the lid.
2. Write this note, or something similar that alludes to fire. “Burning for you,” “You make me hot” and other equally ridiculous and cheesy things are perfectly acceptable here.
3. Tape (or glue) the card stock to the box, then use your washi tape to attach the candle to the card stock.
4. Wrap the lighter with washi tape. To cover this blue lighter, I wrapped two layers of washi tape, trimmed, and then worked my way down.
5. Present your handmade Valentine to your sweetie. Pretend it took you ages to think of and execute.